Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

CalDav Notifications for invites not received

8320985 shared this problem 2 years ago
Published

Hi,

I use Fantastical for Mac and I am using mailbox.org with my custom domain. I hooked up Fantastical with CalDav to use mailbox.org and it works fine to create calendar invites. However, when someone creates a calendar invite and they send it to me I do not get a notification. I added my mailbox calendar to the Mac Calendar app using CalDav again and tested that and nothing happened. The fact that this happens on more than 1 calendar client leads me to be a problem with mailbox.org. Does anyone have this issue?

Thanks

Miguel

Replies (4)

photo

Hi! I'm having the same issue. Did you find any solution to this?

photo

Here as well!

The invites do get picked up when I log in to the Mailbox webmail interface, here I can accept or deny the invite and it will be reflected on the calendar and synced to Fantastical / Mac Calendar app..

But it's can't be the solution to log in to the web interface whenever I see an invite appearing in my mail.. I want them to pop up in Fantastical / Mac Calendar app. Actually considering moving my agenda to Google Calendar.. :-(

Any solution for this?

photo

After investing hours into this, even trying to get the Exchange integration to work reliably instead, I'm now forced to move away from mailbox.org due to this.

Context for reference: macOS/iPad/iOS, setup via CalDAV (tried both manual setup and profile download), as OP wrote: consistently not receiving any invitations on any of the devices while web interface recognizes them

photo

I think the reason this happens is because other exchange implementations and Google implementation all work to automatically add the calendar invite to your calendar and leave it as unanswered while mailbox waits for you to add it to your calendar or you can accept the invite by visiting the webmail. It sucks i agree. But I’ve been figuring out how to move away from mailbox in general because their support seems to be so slow and sucky. I rather have great responsive support and an ok product that the other way around. Right now I have an ok product and sucky responses.

photo
photo

I found that just opening the invite e-mail in the Mailbox web interface would make it pop-up in Fantastical (or Calendar app) on my Mac. So that's the way my life is now: whenever I get an invite I need to log in to the Webmail interface, just to click the message and close Webmail again.

I mailed support about this and apparently it's currently in the hands of a Product Owner who's raising this to the OpenExchange developers.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file