Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Will the new dark theme (2021) be added to old plans?

5822703 shared this question 27 days ago
Need Answer

Currently old plans have a 'dark' theme which is just a blue header colour, whereas the new plans have a proper dark theme. Will old plan users be getting the dark theme? I can see no reason as to why a theme would be excluded.

Comments (5)

photo

Simple question, lack of reply is a tad odd

photo

I think they want that people change to the new plans, so no. (I think I also read that somewhere, but I am not 100% sure.)

photo

Excluding old users, aka users that supported them for a long time that have been requesting a proper dark theme for a long time shows a lot. What else will they withhold from (also) paying users in the future because they didn't switch? Lack of reply of something simple: "Oops, oversight" or "Not coming to old users" is a bit ehh for my tastes.

photo

@5822703:

We are very thankful for the feedback of our users and have taken up various requests for improving our service in the past.

All existing customers are welcome to stay in the classic plan, which offers many features that are only available in the new "Standard" plan. This is our way to give back something to them.

Please also consider, that those plans have been stable for more than 6 years, while inflation has increased.

Simultaneously the new plans offer new features which we had to develop with quite some effort and also fund.

That's why we need to apply a different calculation on them, also, as the mean staff costs have risen in the recent years as well.

In addition to that new customers tend to generate more support than existing customers.

@5673297: Simply open up a test account which comes with a new plan by default. There you can have a look at the new dark theme. You can test for one month free of charge with some restrictions.

photo

That doesn't really answer anything, colors being excluded from paying customers is just odd.

photo
photo

Would like to continue my plan if the dark theme is going to be supported considering there is no reason to exclude colours when dark theme is meant to be coming for a long time..

photo

There's a row for "Different webmail designs" under "E-mail & calendar & contacts" on the plan comparison/selection page (web interface). None of the old plans (up to OfficeXXXL) include the feature.

photo

How can we see the new webmail designs ?

Just to see what they looks like.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file