Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Team members are still marked as demo account even after payment

3602648 shared this problem 3 months ago
In Progress

I recently opened up an account, changed my DNS so I can receive e-mail on my own domain. After that I created 3 new accounts for my family members (as Team members). I paid a full year on all 4 accounts using "Joint billing". All 4 accounts state that the contract term is due next year (July 2022), but only the first account is fully active, all other accounts stay in demo mode. This is a serious issue, since my MX records in the DNS for my domain already point to mailbox.org. In demo mode you can not add external aliases to the mailbox.org account (as in "name@my-domain.eu") So my family members currently can not receive any mail.

I already tried contacting Support/Helpdesk 4 days ago, but not reply so far. Did anyone else had this problem and has a solution? Better yet: if someone from Helpdesk/Support is reading this, please fix this, it looks like a serious flaw in your onboarding procedure.

Comments (4)

photo

The same issue has happened to me. I opened the account last week and set up the TXT and MX records. I added the free alias account for custom domains such as webmaster@your-domain.com and abuse@your-domain.com and confirmed that the free allowed aliases can send and receive mail.

When attempting to add my own email username@your-domain.com I keep receiving an error message "Error: The maximum number of allowed alias addresses has been reached"

Additionally, it shows that I have 0 of 1 custom domain aliases available which is not correct for paid customers.

This is causing all of us a lot of serious problems and it needs to be fixed ASAP.

Support has yet to respond and the 48 hour time limit has passed.

photo

Hi 3602648,

as far as I can tell, your ticket has been resolved. Can you confirm that?

@5679249: we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

We're already working on resolving the underlying issue where the verification process for team members does not work properly.

Best

Hendrik

photo

Hi Hendrik,

the ticket has been resolved, as I understood by manually marking my extra team members as non-demo users. The underlying issue is not resolved AFAIK. There is still a weird issue with the extra team members: the settings page indicates that there are "0 of ma. 50" external aliases available. I was still able to add an alias for my own domain though.

photo

Can you please send me the instructions on how to manually marking a team members as non-demo users? I have yet to receive a response from the support team on why this happened or what I can do on my end to fix the issue.

Much appreciated.

photo

I don't thinks this is something end-users can do by themselfs. After almost a week, the support desk did this for me. They also kindly compensated my for a months worth.

photo

Thanks, I will still have to wait then. My ticket status has been updated to "In Progress" but I have not seen any updates since the ticket was updated. It could be that the solution to the error was not an easy fix, or they have not gotten around to it yet.

The problem seems to be related to new accounts. This is a major error and inconvenience to their new paying customers. It is pushing me away from wanting to continue to use this service or recommend it to anyone else.

It's been 6 days now without the use of my email. I could care less about whatever credit they are offering, I just want what I paid for, a working email.

photo

Yeah, I agree. I was pleased by the service, so it was very disappointing that team accounts do not work as expected. I paid for a full year but my family was left out of mail for a week, with some disappointing consequences for some that can not be made up with a credit.

It seems strange to me that I was the first one that encountered this problem, it is such a major bug and happens to everyone using mail on own domain and a team account.

I hope they will fix this for new customers, I do like mailbox.org as a service, they just need to see that this bug should have very high priority.

photo

I am highly unhappy right now. My mail isn't working since last Friday (due to this team-account issue) and the support did not even respond. That is completely unacceptable.

I was a happy member of mailbox.org but right now, I am looking for other providers. This problem does not only exist for new customer but for old one too - if they update some teams configurations.

photo

You are (understandably) mistaken.

I was unsure whether to pay my extra 'Team' members charge from my primary account or to pay from the 'Team" member account. It turns out to be the latter, as far as I can tell.

All these accounts automatically form a joint user group, yet remain totally independent otherwise: They have their own tariff, credit management, log-in credentials, e-mail inbox, or Office programs.
Team accounts (fomer Family accounts) - questions and answers - Private Clients - mailbox.org Knowledge Base

photo

@7696633 There are two ways of billing for teams: joint billing and separate billing.

In case of joint billing, all team members are billed together from the team master account

In case of separate billing, all team members have to pay individually.

@5289086 has your issue been resolved?

Best regards

photo

@h.schlange

Yep, it was resolved a few days ago :-) I simply forgot to tell here.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file