Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Web UI bug: single quote handled incorrectly

2514798 shared this problem 17 days ago
In Progress

I'm trying to report a software bug but it seems not a single way to contact mailbox.org as a light plan user exists besides this forum, so I hope someone from the company sees this. It's not a support request nor am I asking other users for tips (I mean, you're welcome to discuss, of course).

When pasting a classic "name <email>" string into the To field of the editor, if the name contains an apostrophe, it counts as a string delimiter and part of the name is cut. See this screenshot where I pasted the selected text and "Marnick L'" is cut:

09ca5b2fd369deef7a05f4fd15c064c3

So basically the apostrophe (and perhaps others, didn't test and don't know what your framework is) should be escaped during event handling.

Source: I'm a software dev and my name has an apostrophe, I report this class of bugs more often than I'd like...

Very happy overall with mailbox.org since switching though, thanks

Comments (3)

photo

Thank you very much for your report.

We will check the described behavior from our side.

Our customers of the LIGHT plan can also reach our support team at https://help.mailbox.org for contract related issues or bug reports like yours.

Kindly open a ticket there.

Please be careful not to publish private data in the user forum.

Thanks.

photo

Great, thanks.

Well, the only option that link gives me is contractual questions... Shall I just piggyback that option then? Is it really needed if you already said you'll check it out?

photo

After we check the program behavior I will report back here.

You do not need to open a ticket.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file