Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Mailbox not releasing email address for re-registration

5464366 shared this problem 5 months ago
Solved

Hi,

In November I registered an email address to test and then went on holidays. I was fully aware that the address would be deleted and I'd have to register it again, which was fine by me.

However, it has been far more than 30 days since the account was deleted but every time I try to register the email address, mailbox says

The account name already exists.
I tested this by emailing the address and it fails with

550 5.1.1 <xxx@mailbox.org>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table
The Terms and Conditions clearly state

The Provider shall delete the data specific to the User that are stored on its systems in accordance with Section 10, and shall release the email address for re-registration.
Is there something I need to do to get mailbox to release the address?

Thanks

Comments (2)

photo

Turns out mailbox randomly blacklists an email address after it expires because reasons. The time period before the blacklist expires is also random.

The only solution is to wait it out.

photo

9 months later and the address is still unavailable. Mailbox is full of shit

photo

Hi, if there are any issues with your address you can always contact our support-team directly. They will try to help you out. We do blacklist addresses after the accounts have been deleted, to ensure that the privacy of our customers and ex-customers is protected.

With kind regards

your mailbox.org team

photo

10 months later and the address is still unavailable.Your own Terms and Conditions.

The Provider shall delete the data specific to the User that are stored on its systems in accordance with Section 10, and shall release the email address for re-registration.
and shall release the email address for re-registration.

It's perfectly fine to NEVER release the address but then update your Terms and Conditions to not be such a blatant lie.

Definition of reregister
transitive + intransitive: 

to register (someone or something) again : to enroll or enter (someone or something) again in an official register

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file