Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Keyserver setup for kleopatra

3789620 shared this question 25 days ago
Need Answer

Hello!

I recieved an email from Mailbox.org - and it is gpg signed for identity. However I get the message:

Message was signed on 23/7/22 2:21 AM with unknown key 0x036413978F85757AA899FFA46F823A8C655EDCC6.

The validity of the signature cannot be verified.

I am using KDE Kmail in conjunction with Kleopatra.

Reading this info: https://kb.mailbox.org/en/private/e-mail-article/the-mailbox-org-hkps-key-server

it would appear I need to add the mailbox Keyserver to Kleopatra- correct??

I tried to use the example of Enigmail for Mozilla Thunderbird - but cannot transfer the knowledge to Kleopatra.

How can I add the Keyserver to Kleopatra? How can I get Kmail to verify the signature of noreply@Mailbox.org and those using Mailbox.org?

Thanks.

Replies (2)

photo

SOLVED:

1. I mistook the add field.
  2. The toggle did not work for automatic locate so I had to manually add: auto-key-locate keyserver keyserver-URL hkps://pgp.mailbox.org into the gpg.conf file.

photo

NOT SOLVED: After adding auto-key-locate keyserver keyserver-URL hkps://pgp.mailbox.org into the gpg.conf file Kleopatra however is set back to setup state. Certificates are gone!

Removing the line auto-key-locate keyserver keyserver-URL hkps://pgp.mailbox.org from the gpg.conf file restores the certificates to Kleopatra.

How can I add the Mailbox keyserver without wiping the certs in Kleopatra?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file