Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Email taken over by hackers

8532325 shared this idea 56 days ago
Completed

I cannot get control of my email account back. Yesterday I received nearly a thousand spam emails. Today nothing at all is coming through, all emails are being rejected as spam. I created a new account and changed clients to that address but I would like to be able to regain control of this one for clients I may have missed.

Replies (4)

photo

Feel free to open a support ticket - our helpdesk-team is always happy to help (and, at least, this could be much faster and more comfortable then switching to a new mailaddress). So let's look at this. Would be interesting if you have really received those spam mails or if those mails have been SENT with your account and you're receiving "only" tons of bounces of those spam mails...

photo

I have opened a support ticket. Berlin is 8 hours ahead of me so a little harder. I do not understand the nuances of what you are speaking about, received versus bounced, but it is a problem. I went ahead and created a new account to get back online sooner. The old account only has 8 new spam emails this morning and no valid emails. I tried sending an email from my wife's account to the spammed account; it was automatically rejected as spam, and I do not see any setting that I can change that will allow legitimate emails to pass through. Danke for the help.

photo

Thanks for the update.

Please let's work on this through our ticket system, as we have been doing already.

photo

Will do.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file