Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Cannot copy and paste in compose window

7760420 shared this problem 27 days ago
Solved

I have been using mailbox.org for about a year and until recently have been able to copy and paste content from an email, or other sources, into a new Compose window. For some reason, I am no longer able to do that.

Has anyone else had that problem?

Melvin

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Melvin,

thank you for your message. Yes, we are aware of this issue and our colleagues at Open Xchange are working on a solution. As soon as we have more information or, preferably, a fix, we will publish it here. Until then we ask for a little mnore patience.

All the best

your mailbox.org team

photo

Thank you for your prompt response. I look forward to a resolution to the problem.

Melvin

photo

I experience this issue for a few days already and it's really PITA - I prefer to use the Web UI for all the security benefits it provides, though with copy/paste not working composing messages is super annoying...

I hope you can find solution quickly, thanks in advance for working on this!

photo

THIS IS SO UNACCEPTABLE. I CANNOT EVEN WORK. FIX THIS NOW!

photo

FOUR DAYS AGO AND IT'S STILL HAPPENING. COME ON. I AM SERIOUSLY GOING TO LEAVE AND I'VE ALREADY TRIED SEVERAL SERVICES. YOU ARE ALL TERRIBLE. ENCRYPTION SEEMS TO RUIN EVERYTHING AND IT SHOULD NOT. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS? PLEASE GET BACK TO ME. I AM VERY VERY PISSED. NO ONE SHOULD HAVE A MAILBOX THIS BAD. NO CUT AND PASTE??? SERIOUSLY, I HATE YOU RIGHT NOW.

photo

Hello Marvin,

We are very sorry for the obvious inconvenience this bug is causing you and other users. Our Third-Party provider Open Xchange is working hard to fix the issue and a patch will soon be released.

In the meantime we may offer you a temporary solution: while composing a mail, switch the editor mode to "Plain Text". This should allow you to paste your desired text. You will also be able to switch back to "HTML" and edit it afterwards.

Hopefully this will be of help until the bugfix will be released!

Best regards,

Your mailbox.org-Team

photo

Same issue !!

I hope you can find solution quickly

Thanks

Yohan

photo
photo

Come on, Mailbox.org folks. It's been more than a week and the problem persists. Changing to plain text works but HTML is sometimes necessary. If your colleagues at Open Xchange cannot solve the problem, may I suggest you contract a different organization.

Thanks for your time,

Ralph

photo

Please fix this problem - this is very basic functionality. If Open Xchange cannot fix it quickly (same or next day), you need to find a different solution. Anything less is bad customer service and refunds of some type are in order.

photo

Pasting as unformatted text works without switching the whole email to plaintext

photo

Hello,

we installed a patch which fixes this behavior. In our tests this now works properly again.

Best regards

Your mailbox.org-Team

photo

Thank you so much, mailbox Support team for the fix. I tested it and copy and paste now works again for me.

Thanks again!

Melvin

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file