Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

How to free up drive space?

4596768 shared this question 2 months ago
Need Answer

Hi,

I realize how silly my question sounds but I'm actually a bit puzzled.

I have 100 MB of drive space on my plan and I decided to start working on a presentation using the OX Presentation tool, with lots of graphs which have to be stored on my mailbox Drive.

It said my Drive was 90% filled so I started moving elsewhere the data I had stored on my Drive and deleted my "Drive shares", to the point where there's only some small negligible (in size) files left as well as the ones for my presentation, for a grand total of 4.4 MB (summed up every file size myself).

Yet, my File Quota indicates 47MB used out of 100MB.

While the indicated available space should be plenty enough for me to finish working on my presentation, I do wonder how I can gain back the 42.6 MB of apparently used storage which, out of a 100 MB plan, is of course quite a considerable amount of storage.

Maybe I am confused as to what counts towards my Drive file quota ? For instance I assumed mail attachments would count towards the mail quota, but maybe I should delete some emails with large attachments in order to free some additional space on my Drive ?

Any insight would be appreciated,

Cheers

Best Answer
photo

All right I figured it out.

Turns out the file size displayed on the right of each file is somewhat misleading because it doesn't take into account versioning. As a result, my 2.2 MB OX presentation file was actually a 50 MB collection of 39 different versions.

I am not sure what event triggers a new version, maybe it happens when I close the file, which I do A LOT to check that my new slide's layout and formatting doesn't break when closing and opening back the presentation - since this is unfortunately a thing with OX Presentation.

Anyway, I've successfully reclaimed the missing storage space. Please let me know if further action is required to mark this question as answered.

Cheers

Replies (1)

photo

All right I figured it out.

Turns out the file size displayed on the right of each file is somewhat misleading because it doesn't take into account versioning. As a result, my 2.2 MB OX presentation file was actually a 50 MB collection of 39 different versions.

I am not sure what event triggers a new version, maybe it happens when I close the file, which I do A LOT to check that my new slide's layout and formatting doesn't break when closing and opening back the presentation - since this is unfortunately a thing with OX Presentation.

Anyway, I've successfully reclaimed the missing storage space. Please let me know if further action is required to mark this question as answered.

Cheers

Leave a Comment

Attach a file