Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Can I change my main email address to an alias?

7248394 shared this question 14 months ago
Need Answer

I'd like to create a new main email address, and turn my current main email address into an ailas. My questions:

• Is that possible?
  • If so, is there specific way to accomplish this? (Do I first create the new main address then designate the old one as an alias? Or is there a different order of actions?)

Thanks!

Replies (2)

photo

never tried but under settings "E-mail Aliasis", you can save new main address. obviously you must first create an alias that you want to convert as main address.

photo

Hello, I found this article in the Knowledge Base regarding changing the main e-mail address on the account: https://kb.mailbox.org/en/private/account-article/changing-the-accounts-main-e-mail-address

The article describes how you can create an alias and then designate it as the account's new main e-mail address, replacing the original main address on the account.

The article also states that only the main address can be used to log in to the account (i.e., an alias cannot be used). I tested this and clarified that it means the current main address becomes the address to use for logging in. In this case, the alias that is created and "promoted" to be the main address replaces the original main address, and must be used to log in once the switch has been made.

I am so glad this feature exists! It was a very easy process and affords great flexibility to users who want to protect their log-in credentials by keeping them private.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file