How mailbox compares to other private and secure email provider ?
I'm looking to replace gmail, yahoo and hotmail with a provider who works for my privacy. So far I found the following services:
Tutanota is not an option because they don't have IMAP support. For mailfence I got confirmation from support that the messages are stored in plain text. Posteo does not support custom domain. And runbox is ugly af.
This brings down the list to 2 providers: Protonmail and mailbox.
From your experience I'd like to know what you think of mailbox compared to protonmail and mailfence
- How is the security level ? end to end encryption ? Zero knowledge ?
- Quality of Support. How fast the support respond ? Do they provide good support ?
- How complicated to configure custom domain ? It was very easy on protonmail for me.
- Stability and performance
- Does it support '+' aliases (firstname.lastname@example.org) ?
- By default, without configuring anything, is the data stored in encrypted form on the servers ?
Any other information about the service is welcome.