Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Contract term not updated despite 2 different payments

7873580 shared this problem 10 months ago
In Progress

I sent a payment via bank transfer over a month ago now (around 20th april), because my contract term was set to end in early June. I paid for 3 months.

I didn't get my usual confirmation emails, but I did get some emails about it. I later discovered that they hadn't updated my contract term at all - it was stuck to early june just as it had been before my payment. I contact the customer support, a person replies saying there's an issue with their bank, and that the bank isn't sending the correct format for them (for any payments it seemed?) so they have to manually add everything in, and that they ask me to wait.

That was the 8th of May, and I haven't heard from them since even though I asked how it's going a week ago.

So, today I tried to pay for One month with credit card instead.
I get an email saying that my "new" contract term is, just as before, early june. In other words, my contract term is unchanged despite me paying for Four months total at this point. The money has been withdrawn both times.

I'm starting to freak out because I do not want to be locked out of my inbox, as they say they would if you don't pay. I'm referring to what's written in their emails:

"Important note: After your contract period ends, your account will be turned into a restricted user account for 30 days. If we still do not receive a payment from you, your user account and your e-mail address will be automatically and permanently DELETED if no credit is added to your balance within a further 30 days and your user contract will be terminated in accordance with Section 5(5) of our General Terms and Conditions.

Of course, we would be delighted if you choose to remain a mailbox.org customer."

Can someone from MB confirm if they are having issues with the bank or not? And can you at least make sure that my account is not locked by early June, or straight up deleted by July? Because as I said, I have paid, twice now. The money has been transferred. Any clarity would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello and thank you for your detailed information. We totally understand your worry and will be happy to ease your mind. Could you please open a ticket at https://help.mailbox.org so our support team can take action and clarify this for you? You can simply copy & paste this text into the help desk ticket.

Best regards
your mailbox.org team

photo

I am worried this is happening to me also. I paid for my account via the unique code in my email address and it says I will be activated immediately but nothing has happened I have waited at least 7 hours

photo

Hi,

please open a ticket with our support here: https://support.mailbox.org/ Our support-team will look into the matter.

All the best

your mailbox.org-team

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file