Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Sent e-mail end up as spam

Ina shared this problem 9 months ago
Solved

At least three different persons, with three different domains have told me that the e-mail I sent to them ended up as spam. In all cases the first mail I sent them (to notify them about my new address) went through just fine, but the second ended up in their spam folder. They are all regular contacts of mine, so I very much doubt they would have marked my address as spam themselves, and I sent them all with a single recipient, not any posting list or group of contacts. I use mailbox.org domain, so I believe the spam reputation settings should be fine, or is there a way I can check them? It's not the end of the world as long as I use this e-mail privately, but I have a plan to put up a business, and if my e-mails keep ending up as spam for the recipient, mailbox will not be an option for me to use for that... Any help much apprecieted!

Replies (1)

photo

If the receiving addresses were a hotmail or any other Microsoft address, chances are that your contacts mixed up the "delete" and the "report spam" buttons. See also here, a bit down under 3. you can find a screenshot:

https://www.kuketz-blog.de/spam-statt-muelleimer-oefter-als-man-denkt-landen-vertrauliche-e-mails-bei-den-mitarbeitern-von-e-mail-anbietern/

Apart from that please make sure to not have too many links or remote pictures in your signature or mail. However, we do not know how other companies handle and evaluate their incoming e-mails.
So you might as well ask on the recipient side why your e-mails were considered spam.

On our end we strive for a good reputation (and we do have it) as non-spamming domain. We have set up technical settings like SPF, DMARC and DKIM , we check via monitoring for irregularities on our systems and we act quickly upon abuse reports towards us.

We have linked several tests that give evidence of our reputation here: https://mailbox.org/en/security

Have a nice day!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file