Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Update EAS to 14.x or later?

subver shared this idea 10 months ago
Proposed

Hello! Are there any plans to update EAS to version 14.x or later? The mobile application I use on Android (Re:Work) relies on EAS 14.x, and the author claims Mailbox.org uses 12.x so I cannot combine the two.

I do not assume this is a small update, but I was wondering if it is on the roadmap in some shape or form. Thanks!

Replies (2)

photo

Same here. My app also requires EAS 14.x or later.

photo

Here's the anwser I got back from support recently:

Open-Xchange currently uses the version EAS V12. The next customization comes with the upcoming version 8.x of Open-Xchange. We do not have any further information about this yet.

When we roll out a new Open-Xchange update to a new version, we inform about it via the usual communication channels. The launch of other major features will also be announced there.

Thus, unfortunately, we cannot offer a workaround.

photo

Thx for sharing with me. Appreciate it.

Well, maybe I try mailbox.org again next year.

photo
photo

Is there already an update for this? It appears that Open X-change may already have released v8 of their suite, but I am not sure if this contains the newer EAS 14.

photo

I've emailed OX support about it and I'll let you know when I hear back from them.

photo

Doesn't really shed more light on the topic, but they're still keeping things going with OX which is good.

Also: new 2FA is good news as well. The current implementation is just weird.

photo

Here's the answer I got back from OX:

"We are focussing on Open Standard, thus improved the onboarding Wizard to connect your devices recently. Nevertheless, are some of our clients providing EAS as and proprietary standard to their users in addition. This depends on our clients, but most of them agree to focus on open Standards as IMAP; Card DAV and Cal DAV so please check with your direct support."

Doesn't seem promising, basically they're pointing the finger at each other. I'll ask some more questions to keep you updated.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file