Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

A contact does not receive my email - however, I receive email from contact

monteverdi shared this question 10 months ago
Need Answer

Hi,

A contact does not receive my email from my mailbox.org. However, I receive email from the same contact. My contact checked his spam filter and did not find an email form me in spam filter.

I ma getting no errors

What could be going on?

Replies (3)

photo

bump. Any pointers on how to resolve this are appreciated.

photo

I do not receive emails from medical platform (mychart.org)

I was able to talk to the IT support of my medical provider running mychart. They are telling me the emails do leave. But I never receive. I have no server or client side spam filter

I don't even know how to troubleshoot. With basic subscription tier I get no support from mailbox.org. mychart.org IT is telling me the issue is not on their side as emails are leaving.

photo

Your replies make no sense. Your original problem states that MyChat does not receive emails from you, but you are getting emails from them. Then your replies talk about emails outgoing from MyChart servers, and you do not receive their emails. Which is it? Is mailbox.org blocking MyChart outgoing email, or is mailbox.org blocking incoming MyChart emails???

I know MyChart and have dealt with their customer service. They are very good and very personalized. So I believe you when you say the problem is not on their side.

I am concerned about spam filters blocking mail from big corporate services, and want to know if I should use mailbox.org full-time. Did you get it resolved?

photo

@Cope. No. The first post is more generic. I have two confirmed use cases.

#1: A "contact 1" does not receive my mailbox email. But I receive his to my mailbox account. "contact 1" states that he checked his spam filter and worked with his IT support. No resolution. BTW. not sure if it matters he is using Zix

#2 My chart. If I change portal email to mailbox I do not receive change verify email that is required (they send code that needs to be entered). Mychart claims they sent out email successfully. Mailbox.org tells me they never received any.

I was able to send and receive an email form mychart itself. However, mychart only sells the solution. Each healthcare network runs its own instance of mychart. So, it might differ between providers. MyChart itself is responsive and tried to escalate issue with healthcare provider IT. P.s. It seems that my healthcare provider is also using ZIX. Just a wild hypothesis that ZIX is blocking mailbox.org by default?

So far, still no resolution. And yes it does concern me a bit. I was thinking about using mailbox.org for a new small business that I ma setting up. But holding off with using mailbox due to the issues.

photo

Just FYI, I have verified the company I was worried about: Petco.com. For some reason I cannot get any emails from them through Gmail in order to sign in to my account. This is actually what inspired me to try a new email provider. The other day I created a new, dummy Petco account just to test mailbox.org. I did, indeed, get Petco's verification email. Now I just need to get on the phone and convince them to change my paid membership to this email, or cancel it. It's been 1.5 years since I've been able to log in.

Also, FYI, I temporarily set my spamprotection settings to Lenient, and turned off all the other check boxes during the Petco test. You probably tried this. Yes? Also, did you have MyChart send you an email from another miscellaneous account? Maybe a personal email that mentions your name specifically? That would tell you if it's a general filter blocking it, or a filter specific to MyChart's domain. (Is it blocking generic form emails, or all emails from Mychart.com? Is it also blocking emails from the hospital's domain name? Try that too.)

So far I'm glad I signed up with mailbox.org. I really love the fact that I don't have to worry about hacks and privacy. Hope it stays this good! Good luck to you.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file