Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Inbox encryption by default?

A new user shared this idea 6 months ago
Proposed

Mailbox.org has offered a very sophisticated email system with special features we cannot find elsewhere. It may take some time to get familiar with it, but you will get the logic behind their design sooner or later.

However, to make it more suitable for organizations to use, can an administrator force the users to enforce encryption by default (that is, they cannot disable it)?

Replies (2)

photo

What would be those features that we cannot find elsewhere in terms of privacy and security ?

photo

Encryption by default will save the time of an administrator to set up mailbox for each user. This proposed feature will be welcomed by organizations.

photo

Just adding to your suggestion: or perhaps it would be cool to force user to change the password every X day...

I am new to mailbox.org, I am still trying to understand some features and not willing to fully transition until I am comfortable with those. Last time I was in an email exchange with helpdesk, mailbox support replied to me saying that they cannot decrypt my message and asked me to send it again. I still can't figure out how that happened and if he read my second reply or not... Imagine... I am that much noob.

photo

you can open a support ticket in the support section

https://support.mailbox.org/

photo
photo

Admittedly the learning curve for mailbox is steep to most, but once set up properly it works fine. I suggest you may backup your own key locally if you believe your internal system is safe.

To make things even better I suggest mailbox.org to encrypt the entire content, including email and storage, for the users by default.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file
Access denied