Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

Sync with evolution

Do shared this problem 2 months ago
Published

Hello,

Sync with evolution is not working for contact and calendar, I followed the page "CalDAV and CardDAV for Evolution" in the knowledge database without succes.

There is no error, on both contact and calendar, it seems to be connected to server.

(Calendar and contact work well with iphone by webdav.)

Thanks for your help

Replies (3)

photo

For those who have troubles with evolution, I switch to thunderbird and all is working perfectly, mal, calendar and contacts.

To add the gnome integration, you have to install the addon "EDS Calendar Integration".

photo

I do not have any issues syncing my email, calendar, or contacts to Evolution. Works perfectly fine on 3 devices.

The instructions to sync calendar to Evolution seems to be wrong though. Contacts instruction is fine.

I followed these directions, where you have to right click the calendar to pull the URL to input into Evolution:
https://kb.mailbox.org/en/private/calendar-article/caldav-and-carddav-for-other-devices/

photo

There are instructions for separately configuring caldav and carddav with mailbox.org. However, Linux "Online Accounts" is supposed to make the process of connecting dav services more convenient, and this works with other NextCloud hosting providers (for example, murena.io). However, as you can see from the screenshot, I do not have the magic server name to make this connection and there is no documentation on how to configure this, although "Online Accounts" has been a part of the GNOME ecosystem for a number of years.

Is this even possible with mailbox.org?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file