Welcome to the mailbox user forum
 

Can't send or receive any e-mails, account disabled

Mohamed El Yousfi shared this problem 4 hours ago
Published

Hello,

On 28 September 2026 my mailbox.org account suddenly stopped working. Incoming mail to my address and to my custom-domain alias bounced with "550 5.1.1 Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table", and sending failed with "450 4.7.1 SASL login name rejected (7515)". Another account on the same custom domain still works normally, so the domain setup is fine.

On 27 September I sent one single email through the EasyDMARC deliverability test tool, which uses a list of about 100 seed addresses, to check the SPF, DKIM and DMARC setup of my own domain. I understand that this can look like bulk mailing to an automated system, and I will not do it again. However I want to emphasize that this is no spam in any way and I simply wanted to test if my DNS was set-up correctly. I have not knowingly sent anything else.

Support told me the account was used for mass-sending of fraudulent, phishing or spam emails, and that it has been disabled. I explained the test to them and asked for a review and a password reset, but I have not received an answer yet.

What I am asking:

1. A human review of the account logs. I believe they will show one test message and no phishing or spam campaign.

2. The reinstating of my account so I can send and receive e-mails again, which is important as I use this account for university and personal purposes.

Has anyone here had an account reinstated after an automatic block like this? Is there a better way to reach the abuse or account team than the normal support ticket?

Thank you.

Replies (1)

photo
1

Hi,

thank you very much for your message. I have checked your account and it is not blocked anymore. Are you logging in with the correct address? Please keep in mind that you have to use your primary e-mail-address for the authentication, not an alias.

With kind regards


---

Felix Kaspar
Teamlead
mailbox Support

Useful Links:

d9e15a7fee470fb66af17115c3a43886

This comment is in trash! Restore
photo
1

Hi Felix Kaspar

Thank you very much for your response

I can log in, however I can't send or receive any e-mail. I just tried sending an e-mail and I get following error:

Bericht kan niet verstuurd worden. Foutmelding vanuit de e-mail transport server: 450 - 450 4.7.1 <xxxxxxxx>: SASL login name rejected: something went wrong - please retry later (7515)

The support agent in the ticket said that my account got disabled for sending spam/phishing mails, but this is absolutely not the case as I explained in my first message here.


Thanks for the help and have a nice day.


With kind regards
Mohamed El Yousfi

This comment is in trash! Restore
photo
Leave a Comment
 
Attach a file
Access denied