Welcome to the mailbox.org user forum!

With DKIM TXT records I get 10/10 with mailtester, with cname only 8.7 how is this possible?

8065235 shared this question 11 months ago
Answered

Hello,

Just joined mailbox.org today with a domain from cloudflare. I did a test with mailtester.com I get 10/10 with TXT dkim records, but with CNAME dkim records I'll get 8.7 I enclose my cloudflare settings. Can anybody help me out with this?

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Marcel

Replies (1)

photo

What their report say about dkim?

maybe they don't like ed25519 key from mbo0003 and mbo0004?

photo

I cannot check it today already tested it 3 times. mbo0001 and 0002 are the same as the DNS TXT records. So maybe that's a problem for mail-tester I don't know. I find it kinda strange, with only the 2 txt records I'll get 10/10 but because mailbox advised to use CNAME DKIM I put those in cloudflare.

photo

Is it ok to remove mbo0003 and 0004 without problems or should I keep them?

photo

@TeCer This is my mail-checker test. Hopefully you can do something with this.

photo

I don't see problems on those results, the only "problem" is with the domain that has been registered for less than 7 days but you can't do anything about it.

Regarding mailtester.com results i think there is something about dkim keys, mbo0001 and mbo0002 use rsa key while mbo0003 and mbo0004 use new ed25519 key which, as far as i read on other forums, is not fully supported or compatible. But i'm not an expert of these things, you can open a ticket at support for clarification.

Anyway i have same dkim configuration and have no problems.

photo

Hey,

Thanks for your reply, can you run the same test on mail-tester.com to check the results with mine?

photo

Btw already contacted support yesterday but not yet a respons.

photo

@TeCer Hey again, Well I tested again with the 2 txt dkim records and now I have the same score as with the four cname records, it looks like mail-checker only looks at the first dkim record and it is verified. I think the low score is from my new domain only not from the dkim. So I think I just have to wait when my domain will mature. Maybe it was a hick up with mail-checker when I first tested it maybe he didn't see it was a new domain at the first time.

photo

ok, if mailtester.com does a simple dkim check of the email you send to it (like mail-tester.com) the score problem is related to the domain registered a few days ago.

I thought it did a dkim lookup of your domain and for some reason it didn't like mbo0003 and mbo0004 which use a different key than the first two.

try again in the next weeks and you should be fine.

photo

Thanks for your reply, also in touch with tech support right now. They send me another test to do. I will check it in the next few weeks!

With regards,

Marcel

photo

Well everything is solved now.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file